• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

deployment issue

Ranch Hand
Netbeans IDE PHP Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
hello, ranchers!

i have a question about the deployment of java applications from ant. i use Netbeans and i have added the derby database to my
library. i have read so far that you only need to deploy the folder dist in the main folder for you project. My dist folder contains
the following structure

lib
README.txt
myproject.jar

Now i am a little concerned about the size of the folder in it there is two copies of the derby.jar file first the one that is located
in the lib directory and then there is the one bundled together in the jarfile with the project name. Ok so 5 megs arent such a
heavy app anyway but do i have to distribute that derby jar file in the lib directory as well as the one found in the project jar?
this may sound like a noobish question i know but i have no experience in the distriubuting of applications with ant and netbeans but i
want to learn how to i am still learning to use ant "manually" so i probably have missed something out. which of the folders
in my netbeans project should i ship after completion? i will do this using an exe tool. any tip or links about deployment issues
are greatly appreciated here. thanks for your time.

regards,
krillian.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic