• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

java.io.IOException: There is not enough space on the disk JNLP

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator

Hi all,

I am trying to launch an applet from my linux web server through JNLP.I have did a reading on the JNLP Developers Guide from Oracle and started working on this.

I have packaged my class files into a jar file and have specifically signed the jar file.On opening the applet through JNLP it is giving an exception "There is no enough space on the disk".

I have spent several hours in making this done , but i am unable to do so .

Anybody could help me out in solving this and put me in the right direction.

Any Guidance is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I have posted the error message in the code tags

Marshal
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser MySQL Database
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
So that we don't waste our time suggesting things you tried already, could you itemize all of the things you tried during that several hours?

alex antony
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks Paul for your kind reply.

I tried yesterday and got it to work smoothly. I Cleared the cache such that the "no enough space on disk" got cleared.

I was successfully able to launch the applet.

Thank you for your response .

But i want to get cleared off something from you.The Applet gets stored on the local cache when loaded through JNLP and because of that we need to clear the cache to get proper outputs.

When getting this into live production,it is a bit difficult to prompt the users to clear the cache memory.

Is there any better solution for this?

I am newly using this protocol (JNLP) and i wish to get something clarified.

I am desiging an alarm management system for a network .The Server in which i have the application has connectivity to all the nodes that i want to make notification of the alarms when something goes wrong in that node.The Applet that is launced through JNLP will initially contain the alarms fetched from the database.Suppose that i have a new entry in my database(when anything goes wrong in any node it will automatically fill my database) ,is it possible to update the Applet that the client is looking at without actually refreshing the application again.Is this possible through JNLP.

Your suggestions Please !

thanks in advance

Paul Clapham
Marshal
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser MySQL Database
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I have had Web Start applications in production at work constantly for a year or two now and we don't have that problem. If your app is causing the cache to overflow then either your app is far too large or the cache settings are far too small. Or else you are doing something so that lots of different resources are being cached. So run your app for a while, then view the cache and see what's in there, particularly under the Resources section.

As for your design question, sure, the database entries don't have to be hard-coded in the applet. It's perfectly possible for the applet to read them from the database and store them in memory.

alex antony
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
thanks paul for your advice .

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic