• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

File I/O

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi

Currently I am working in a application, in which we are using a temporary table. Now we want to remove this temporary table because of performance. So someone suggested, I should create java file instead of table.

My question is that: Should I use java file instead of databse table? Would it be efficient than tables?

Kindly reply...
Thanks In advance

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Depends entirely on what you intend to do with the information. Could you provide more detail?

Author and all-around good cowpoke
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
How much data is involved?

If this data structure could be placed in one of the Java collections, it is likely that you could serialize it out to file a lot faster than any database operation.

Bill

Dixit Saurabh
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
There are thousand of records. There are many number of batches, I insert every batch in to temporary table. Temporary table hold both type of batches(Good batch and bad batch). When insert batch into final table, got only good batch record from temporary table.

So in this case some one suggested to me, I should use java file instead of database. It will be efficient.

But I am not sure about this.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
File I/O also can be expensive considering you have 1000s of records to persist. Have you considered using an XML repository or something on those lines so that fetching data can be more streamlined . You would need to decide on the data structure first and that would enable you to choose a solution.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic