• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Water bottle

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Water bottle is allowed in SCJP Testing Center or not ???

Greenhorn
Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
It's not normally allowed, but i asked nicely and the attendant let me in wjith a drink and apple...so i suppose it depends on how strictly the test centre staff want to enforce the rules.

author
  • Likes 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
The goal is that all the testing centers will be the same, but the reality is that there are minor differences.

Call ahead to the one you're thinking of using.

The other thing I'd recommend to you all, is to see if you can find a center that will give you actual pencils and paper to work with. Some centers give only horrible little dry erase boards that are close to useless. To me this is so important that I would commute much longer distances just to go a center that allows paper and pencil.

Ranch Hand
Hibernate Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
In my times they provided water bottle them self plus a pen(which i replaced on request with a pencil) and a white A4 blank paper.

Regards

Minhaj

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Bert Bates wrote:The goal is that all the testing centers will be the same, but the reality is that there are minor differences.

Call ahead to the one you're thinking of using.

The other thing I'd recommend to you all, is to see if you can find a center that will give you actual pencils and paper to work with. Some centers give only horrible little dry erase boards that are close to useless. To me this is so important that I would commute much longer distances just to go a center that allows paper and pencil.

Hello Bert,
I am a greenhorn from Madrid, Spain.
you are very correct!!...I have written the exams twice now without success AND I ought to have passed the second one as I scored 56% out of 58% that was close!!...
The point I am trying to get at is that, I had a FIERCE battle with the pen and horrible erase board!! CAN you imagine that the pen stopped writing when I was half way through the exams!! The other pens were being used by people doing other exams, I was left alone with my brains!! And I ran OUT-OF-TIME!
I can guarrantee that the incident influenced my result and its even ANNOYING that the difference between passing and failing in my case was a mere 2%!!.
I have learnt my lesson in the HARD way and even if it means a journey to NewZealand, I will do that to get a center that will provide pencil and papers!
Thank you for reading this.

Jack.

Shahrukh Naqui
Greenhorn
Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,

I think that over the phone they will always quote their written terms and conditions and it is in the written terms and conditions that you can only use their supplied stationary which are 2 white boards. Also, food and drink of any type is not allowed. However, I arrived early and was friendly and polite with the staff, in the end he let me in with a pencil and paper plus my drink and apple.

The test centre I used was a very small one in East London. Perhaps your chances are greater if you don't go to a busy test centre, a smaller one will more personal.

Shahrukh Naqui
Greenhorn
Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Also, thanks to Jackzia for the advice to ask for pencil and paper, otherwise I would not have known about that and would have struggled with those whiteboards .

Ikpefua Jacob-Obinyan
Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Shahrukh Naqui wrote:Also, thanks to Jackzia for the advice to ask for pencil and paper, otherwise I would not have known about that and would have struggled with those whiteboards .

You are welcome body.

Bartender
MyEclipse IDE Firefox Browser Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Shahrukh Naqui wrote:Also, thanks to Jackzia for the advice to ask for pencil and paper, otherwise I would not have known about that and would have struggled with those whiteboards .

Of course, you know that they can deny you a pencil and paper right ? The standard is to issue you a felt / marker pen and a plastic sheet. I requested for a pencil / paper and was not provided either.

If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses - Ford. Tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic