• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

instructional pages

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Sorry to be so dense, but in reading the post on atomics I tried the link to "one of the instructional pages". I've never found anything like that - nor could I find it just now looking around the Cattle Drive home page. Where are they? Where should I be looking? I could certainly use some of that kind of material ... as my nitpickers would be happy to testify, I'm sure!

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Jinny Morris:
... Where are they? Where should I be looking? I could certainly use some of that kind of material ... as my nitpickers would be happy to testify, I'm sure!

Well, I found them quite by accident while surfing around in the assignment area. There appear to be some links that are possibly there as hints to the reader just below the icon showing the expected output. They are indeed helpful, provided one reads them.

And you couldn't possibly be as dense as I am. I believe I'm going for a record on the number of times one gets their backside handed to them on the first assignment! ;-)

"Cattle Drive" (from the left-hand nav)
-> Assignment Java-1 (Hundred)
-> use variables

Jinny Morris
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Ummmm ... yeah! Afraid I just permanently acquired the record for denseness - so you don't have a chance! Having seen those, I have just been reviewing the books I've been using - and not even noticing their "linkiness"! And some of my assignment attempts have suffered from the "dancing bear" phenomenon: it's amazing that it dances at all, don't ask how well it dances!

Have fun! I find that it's a truly great opportunity to practice the virtue of humility ...

Sheriff
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
First law of web design: Don't Make Me Think.

If you didn't notice the linkiness, the web developer could do a better job making them distinguishable!

Jinny Morris
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Katrina -

Thanks for the implicit assumption that I'm not a complete idiot! No, it was "totally me" I'm afraid ... the web designer did a fine job!

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic