• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Help me about SMTP and SMS?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi

I am developing an application using java swing. in my application i need to add Email(for Sending) and mobile message option.
For mobile message i need to get message provider. like that weather am i need to get licensed simple message transfer protocol or
let i download any free license? or are some other things available? please help

Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
What do you mean by "mail option" - just sending a mail? Or receiving mails as well? The sending part can be handled by an embedded mail server such as Aspirin.

For SMS you'll have to sign up with a provider. Be aware that users might decompile the application, and use the code that causes SMS to be sent for their own purposes - at your expense.

A more reliable option might be for the desktop app to go through your server -for both mail and SMS-, and have your server send out all that. You get much better control over the process that way.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic