• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

please inform me regarding MNC back ground check

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Guys,
please let me what is the procedure of Background check of MNC.The scenario is as below suppose:

My first employer was company ABC,then DEF and then XYZ. Now I am going to join my fourth company FGH.The fourth company will check back ground.I have changed my first employer's name and put another employer which 2nd and 3rd employer are not aware.Now My question is there any way that 4th employer will come to know that I have done this change.
please let me know!!!

Bartender
MyEclipse IDE Firefox Browser Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
The bigger question is not whether they come to know this. Why are you trying to change the employer's name to begin with ?

Rancher
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You're screwed for good. Your dishonesty did you no good, as it should be.

Uma Das
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
The reason behind changing the first employer's name is due to some reason My relationship with this company became bad.They are small organization.They don't have ethics and rules to follow. So one of the strong HR threatened me that from next employer he ll not verify my employment with them.That's why I payed another small organization who is agree to verify my employment for the same duration.

Bartender
Android Google Web Toolkit Mac Eclipse IDE Ubuntu Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Now My question is there any way that 4th employer will come to know that I have done this change.

With people putting in fake credentials and experience nowadays, most of the companies nowadays will confirm and verify right to the degree level.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Why don't you try and start making the records straight ? I mean, why don't you give the ACTUAL information to 4th company. What is the problem in that ? You lied to company 2 & 3, what does your 4th company have to do with what you said or did not say to 2 & 3 ? And how would 4 come to know about this ?

If you tell 4 that you were in 1 & 2 & 3 till now, and you have the documents for this, I don't think there should be any problem ? I hope I am right ?

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Chrome Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You do have a narrow chance of escaping ..most companies assign the bakgroud check to third party agencies and in
normal case they just check whether the company provided by you is a valid one and whether you were employed there for the duration that you mentioned

so you shoud be safe , but what you did is not justifiable ..didnt you get salary slip or releaving letter from your first company? else how did the second company accept that you had the experience and you were working for the first ??

In future put the correct company name and if they deny that you have worked there you can always produce the salary slips or releaving letter as your proof of employment

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Java Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
If that company was 3 employers ago you have no reason to hide it. If the more recent positions give you good references then it doesn't matter what happened at the first. As has already been stated, you can prove you worked there with paystubs, tax forms, etc. If that company tries to lie, they make themselves look bad, not you.

On the other hand, you're currently in an arrangement in which not only are you lying, you're paying someone else to lie for you. That's a lot of lying going on, so now I have to wonder why we should take any elements of your story at face value.

No offense, but you've damaged your credibility on this one.

author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Uma Das wrote:The reason behind changing the first employer's name is due to some reason My relationship with this company became bad.They are small organization.They don't have ethics and rules to follow. So one of the strong HR threatened me that from next employer he ll not verify my employment with them.That's why I payed another small organization who is agree to verify my employment for the same duration.

Yet you still worked there. I agree to put it anyway. Or leave it off the resume all together and say you had less experience.

Uma Das
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I have every documents from my first employer.This was the first company of my carrier.At that time they was paying me 3k-4k/month.For this small amount they were paying me by cash.For my 2nd and 3rd employer I have shown this experience and they(first employer) verified everything properly.After that I was planning to switch to 4th employer.Then I called the first employer and said may be there ll be verification again.At that time they denied to verify for my fourth company.So I did this.After reading all the discussion I think I should remove permanently the name of my first employer and ll leave it blank.

Deepak Bala
Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Uma Das wrote:I have every documents from my first employer.This was the first company of my carrier.At that time they was paying me 3k-4k/month.For this small amount they were paying me by cash.For my 2nd and 3rd employer I have shown this experience and they(first employer) verified everything properly.After that I was planning to switch to 4th employer.Then I called the first employer and said may be there ll be verification again.At that time they denied to verify for my fourth company.So I did this.After reading all the discussion I think I should remove permanently the name of my first employer and ll leave it blank.

Doing this would invalidate the experience you gained from company #1. How many months / years do you have to lose ?

Uma Das
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I have to loose 14 months..

Marshal
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Uma Das wrote: . . . .For this small amount they were paying me by cash. . . ..

So would the fine be greater for you for not paying the tax, or for them for not recording your salary for tax purposes? If you were only paid 3000-4000 Rs you might not have been liable for tax anyway. I don't know about the Indian tax system.

Deepak Bala
Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Campbell Ritchie wrote:

Uma Das wrote: . . . .For this small amount they were paying me by cash. . . ..

So would the fine be greater for you for not paying the tax, or for them for not recording your salary for tax purposes? If you were only paid 3000-4000 Rs you might not have been liable for tax anyway. I don't know about the Indian tax system.

Your salary would be tax free for the range mentioned.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic