• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

javac doesn't like my system.out.printIn

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hey everyone, Im a brand new java noob. I need to learn java, oracle, and dba in about 4 monthes. Im copying code using the Head First java book and some introductory stuff from the internet. When its time to compile I may get a few fixable errors except for the system.out.printIn on all of my .java files it looks like:

cannot find symbol
symbol: method printIn(java.lang.String)
System.out.printIn ("blahblahblah");
^
I'm using notepad as my text editor and Windows 7 with the JAVA_HOME and Path, both under system, pointing to the bin file. and my .java files are in a different directory(c:\javastuff). What am I doing wrong? Also if anyone can recommend any introductory level resources for the things i need to learn I would be interested, so I can start making the big bucks. Thank you

Sheriff
Mac Mac OS X IntelliJ IDE jQuery TypeScript Java iOS
  • Likes 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Check your spelling.

Marshal
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser MySQL Database
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Don't you hate those fonts which make "I" look the same as "l"? Maybe they're nice for publishing a novel but definitely not recommended for programming!

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Peter Pajamas wrote:Hey everyone, Im a brand new java noob. I need to learn java, oracle, and dba in about 4 monthes. Im copying code using the Head First java book and some introductory stuff from the internet. When its time to compile I may get a few fixable errors except for the system.out.printIn on all of my .java files it looks like:

cannot find symbol
symbol: method printIn(java.lang.String)
System.out.printIn ("blahblahblah");
^
I'm using notepad as my text editor and Windows 7 with the JAVA_HOME and Path, both under system, pointing to the bin file. and my .java files are in a different directory(c:\javastuff). What am I doing wrong? Also if anyone can recommend any introductory level resources for the things i need to learn I would be interested, so I can start making the big bucks. Thank you

it's not System.out.printIn line it's System.out.println NO I try a lowercase L..

Why don't you use Notepad++ the program will help you out also it's multi language in the program in java, javascript, ruby, html, xhtml, c, c#, c++, and others....

EDIT:

You can't learn everything about java in 4 months it's not done and it can't it's so much for you to learn it's not even funny. There is tons of stuff for beginner advanced and expert also master i call it...

Ranch Hand
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
use eclipse or netbean.you can develop faster java

jake dickens
Ranch Hand
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

khekhone yvan wrote:use eclipse or netbean.you can develop faster java

If the person does not know the language of java then how can you program???
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic