• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Par2 assignment

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I have read the requirements and I have the following questions on part2 assignment.

1) They have given general requirement.Can I to add things that has not mentioned in the requirements.For example for every website you have a login-logout module.It's
not a general thing becuase your authentication mechanism will be there.Or should't i waste time doing that.

2) The requirement says that the product will be used acrss the globe.Does that indicate that i should support internationalization?They have not mentioned about muti-language.
Or is it enough if i support muti-currency

author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Guru,
1) You can design it in or list it as an assumption that it is taken care of.
2) What do you think? They aren't going to mention everything - that's why there is an architect. If you were developing a global website of that type, what would you do? I ask about type because this is a global website and we only support English.

guru prasanth
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
If it's metnioned just internationalization without saying multi-language support i would just support multi-currency and data/time according to the locale of the user.
I have more question.

1) How much of business detailing is required?In real time i always have luxury of talking to business analyst or product team or sales team.Here i don't have that option.So shoiuld i make my own assumption regarding business and go ahead.

2) Should my assignment be just satisfy the requirement or shouild i also include things that are not mentioned.For example every website will have an admin module to configure/maintain and take reports.But in requirement they have not mentioned.Shoiuld i include that becuase without which website wouild't be complete.Or shoiuld i mention it's out of scope.

3) Is there any sample assignments available so that i can get better idea about how to go about it.

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic