• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Part 2 retake deadline

Ranch Hand
Hibernate Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Had written to Oracle to confirm the deadline for re-take of part 2 & 3. Just wanted to confirm. Respone from Oracle below
---------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Rishi,

Thank you for writing to Oracle Certification Program.

Yes, if you do not pass the Assignment before 01 Aug 2011 and you have to resubmit then you will have to complete the Mandatory course after01 Aug 2011.

It is important that you submit your assignments allowing enough time to take the Essay Exam and to resubmit the assignment if you happen to fail the first attempt. Your assignment will take four weeks to grade and must be submitted prior to registering for the essay.

You should submit your assignment, allowing four weeks for grading plus any additional time you will need to take the essay and resubmit the assignment in the event you do not pass initially. Keep in mind that completion of your essay will depend on test center availability. In order to ensure that you have at least one week to resubmit if you fail, you should submit your assignment and complete your essay by June 25, 2011.

Any assignments and essays submitted after June 25 cannot be guaranteed to receive a grade in time to resubmit before the July 31 deadline. If you receive a failing grade on your assignment after July 31, 2011, you will be required to resubmit the assignment and meet the training requirement. You should also note that it is your responsibility to ensure you have enough time to complete the essay after submitting the assignment, allowing for limited test appointments.

Oracle will not be able to extend the deadline for candidates who submitted their assignments too close to the deadline and were unable to get an essay appointment in time.

Regards,
Oracle Certification Program

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
This quite confusing: "Yes, if you do not pass the Assignment before 01 Aug 2011 and you have to resubmit then you will have to complete the Mandatory course after 01 Aug 2011." From what I remember in the previous threads on this forum, one doesn't have to attend the course if the assignment will be submitted before 01 Aug 2011. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ranch Hand
Scala jQuery Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I think this means as long as you submit it before 1st August then you don't have to take the training course but if you fail it and have to resubmit after 1st August then you will have to take the course, if you resubmit before 1st August then you don't.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
If you fail part 2 (having taken the essay exam) you've got to resubmit the assignment and retake the essay examen too?

Will Myers
Ranch Hand
Scala jQuery Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I don't think you need to take the exam again, just the assignment (I might be wrong though....I hope I don't find out the hard way )

author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
This is correct. You do not have to retake part 3 if you fail.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Since Part 3 exam is shown as a part of grading in Part 2 assignment on last page, I guess an exception to this rule would be if one fails in Part 3, then i think he has to just retake part 3 exam.

Will Myers
Ranch Hand
Scala jQuery Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I was under the impression you can't fail part 3 as it just asks questions on the decisions you made in your design - can you fail to answer a question correctly like "What patterns did you use and why?". Maybe if you didn't write anything for any of the questions but that would be dumb....

Devashish Bansal
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Yes we all will definitely reply all answers but its not necessary that those answers will be correct, example being someone answers that he used Singleton pattern for separation of concerns or he used Servlets for managing transactions, although these are dumb answers anything is possible, otherwise they would not have kept part 3 as a part of grading and a minimum passing mark for this subcategory.

Will Myers
Ranch Hand
Scala jQuery Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
is there a minimum passing mark for part 3? My assignment makes no mention of minimum marks for part 3 just that it carries some marks...below is what my assignment said:

Marking
The marking for this assignment is described below. You will receive a single score for parts 2 and 3 of the exam.
Below are the sections of the assignment and points available per section. Minimum score to pass the exam is 114. We will only post a pass or fail. If you fail, we will let you know which sections need improvement so you do not have to focus on all sections with your re-submission.

Class Diagram = 40
Deployment Diagram = 24
Interaction Diagrams = 16
Risk & Mitigation List = 16
Part 3 Short Answer = 24
Total = 160

Devashish Bansal
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Well, i think they have an internal figure for passing each subcategory here which they decide based on Beta assignments like the one we are talking above. I got my beta assignment with last page grading details as below:

Points / Minimum Pass

Component Diagram 40 / 26
Class Diagram 40 / 26
Deployment Diagram 24 / 17
Interaction Diagrams 16 / 0
Risk & Mitigation List 16 / 0
Part 3 Short Answer 24 / 17
Total 160

Devashish Bansal
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Also with this text:

Marking
The tentative marking for this beta is described below. The markings will be finalized based on the
results of the beta. You will receive a single score for parts 2 and 3.
Below are the sections of the assignment and points available per section with a minimum score per
section if it is a required section to pass. Minimum score to pass the exam, if passing required
sections, is 114 (tentatively set). If a person fails any of the required sections Component, Class,
Deployment or Question, then it is an automatic failure regardless of the final score
. We will only
post a pass or fail. If you fail, we will let you know which sections need improvement in order to pass
so you do not have to focus on all sections with your re-submission.

Will Myers
Ranch Hand
Scala jQuery Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
They must have changed it...still not sure how you grade part 3 though..all the questions I had on part 3 were along the lines of "What did you do in your assignment to address...xyz" or "What would you recommend if xyz happened"

Story like this gets better after being told a few times. Or maybe it's just a tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic