• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

A "designing" guidance needed - simple Swing & JDBC

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello,
To avoid any troubles, I'll go ahead and anounce that I've posted similar question in my other thread about the same project in the last post. I'm afraid that the post has been not seen cause of missleading thread subject.
Friendly advice appreciated with a small personal project (Beginner)

What I am trying to achieve:
"We have a small "warehouse" where we have to sign out every peace of hardware we take. At the moment we have a simple excel spreadsheet with 3 columns. [ ID .... NAME .... DATE]."

I would like to have small login box. When correct password promted, opens another window with 3 data fields - [ID], [User name (already filled by program) and [Comments]. When pressed OK button, it will add that data to MySQL database. The window closes and login box appears again.

When prompted "secret" password, admin panel will open. Admin has the power of adding users, deleting users, search by ID and has a table about 10 last entered recors. When closed, login box appears again.

What kind of help I would like to get:
I would like to know how would you go by building application like this. How would you design it? Roughly, what classes and methods would you create? How to divide it to logical sections?

Thank you for your time,
Kristjan Toots

Ranch Hand
Android Mac OS X Firefox Browser
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
https://coderanch.com/how-to/java/ShowSomeEffort

Give us a base to discuss around and we will assist you. Some basic class diagrams, data models, use cases, flows... When you have done that, I actually think that you wont need our help anymore.

Kristjan Toots
Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thank you Ove for your replay.

I haven't done such things before, but went ahead and tried to come up with something.
Use Case diagram
Rough layout

Since I don't know much about different diagrams, models, cases & flows, maybe one can suggest some good books.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic