• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

OCJP Java SE 6 mock exams clarification

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello everyone,

My name is Ariel and I've recently finished the K&B (Java SE 6) book. I've came across a book called "OCP Java SE 6 Programmer Practice Exams" by the same authors.

That book was published in November 2010 and at that time Oracle was acquired Sun, as far as I know. The details about the exam that the above book gives are the old ones about SCJP such as:
- the exam code
- the 180 minutes you have at your disposal
- drag and drop questions

My questions are:
1. Is this book good for taking mock exams in terms of the OCJP exam?
2. Are drag&drop questions still present in the latest version because I read a lot of contradictory information in books and Java Ranch forums.
3. If the answer to 1. is yes, are the OCP Practice Exams and SCJP preparation CD(MasterExam attached to K&B Java 6) enough for taking mock exams?

Thank you very much and sorry if the questions that I raised were answered before.

Ranch Hand
jQuery Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Ariel, Welcome to the Ranch

1. Is this book good for taking mock exams in terms of the OCJP exam?

Yes absolutely. In fact I only took mock exams from this book and 2 master exams that come with the K&B SCJP6 book.
I liked the fact that the questions in these exams are more difficult than the real exam, so taking real exam looks like a piece of cake.

2. Are drag&drop questions still present in the latest version because I read a lot of contradictory information in books and Java Ranch forums.

Drag & Drop questions are not there in the exam. They have been removed and duration of the exam been reduced to 150 mins.

3. If the answer to 1. is yes, are the OCP Practice Exams and SCJP preparation CD(MasterExam attached to K&B Java 6) enough for taking mock exams?

As I said before, it was sufficient for me. I guess if you are scoring well in these exams then you may not require to go for some other mock exams. Also it may help you to know that my average in these exams was about 70% but in real exam I scored 96%, so you can assess your preparation level from that.

Ariel Chelsau
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thank you for the reply.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic