• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

SCEA Assignment - Guidelines used to score 98%

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I've passed OCMJEA and Pearson Vue has published the score report. The score is 98%
Below I've stated the main guidelines that I've used while crafting my assignment :
* Use multiple class diagrams to address multiple views e.g. domain and technical related issues
* Help the reader of a sequence diagram understand the flow by adding remarks related to what you would like to achieve
* Clarify how each class maps onto a specific component in your component diagram
* Use official benchmarks and configurations, to proof that you've made a decent guesstimate of your DTAP hardware configurations, to support your deployment diagram

Ranch Hand
Mac OS X jQuery Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Pay attention when suggest splitting class diagrams. It's very polemic since Mr. Sheil has recommended to avoid it, letting it simple and straightforward.

Arnold Reuser
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Is your remark related to one of these guidelines?
The guideline was about using several diagrams to separate concerns

Eduardo Mineo
Ranch Hand
Mac OS X jQuery Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Yes, is not a good idea to use multiple class diagrams. Things can become unnecessarily complex and one can miss marks.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I wouldn’t suggest splitting in more class diagrams. Also, I guess the assignments are not that complex that it would require splitting. Class diagram don’t have to contain classes from used frameworks (like the backing beans from JSF – just the Controller). … anyway, you got a very good score. Congrats!

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
IMpressive ! Congratulations.
Now, please tell us how you achieved your goal ? What training do you recommend ? and what textbooks did you use ?
I would like to start studying for it, I am kind of confused as to where to start from.

Best,

Greenhorn
Hibernate Oracle Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Let know your assignment name, date of essay submission and date of receiving the result.

It will help us to gauge the current timelines...

Ranch Hand
Spring Java Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hello Arnold
Congrats about your score!
Could you explain better how did you used official benchmarks and configurations, to proof that you've made a decent guesstimate to support your deployment diagram?
Regards

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
tell me please:
A)the best uml tool for this kind of assigment.i tried staruml but i dont feel it is good enough :
1)the interface in class diagram appears as a circle !
2)the generated code make misleading classes contents.which makes me feel frustrated and willing not to continue my work.

B):im list now .can i split the class diagram to many views.since there are many classes.by the way what is the average classes number should be in each assignment.in otherwords what is the minimum classes number that if anyone make class diagram will know he is not "catch the point"
c).if i make class diagram free from java specifications.only patterns is it ok?or i should show "jee skills"
D)if i use uml version lower than 2.0 is it wrong?
F)i hope that there is a good samples online that is similar to assignment rather than Mr. cade book for learning more.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic