• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Browser automatically firing the request every three minutes.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi All,

I have an issue with my web application. The webapplication does is:

The input page contains a form. Once submitted with the input details, the request xml will be created and fired on another webapplication. Till the reception of response from that application the browser will be waiting. Once the response is received it will be displayed using the xslts.

The above mentioned operation is being performed without any issues in firefox, IE 5 and IE 7. But when using with IE8, the browser is waiting for the response till three minutes and if not received then form is being submitted again and waiting for response of the latest request. The same process is happening every three minutes and though the response recieved for the previous request, the browser is still waiting for the response fo the latest request. .

Why the form is being submitted automatically after three minutes. I am not able to get that.

Any help from the experts is appreciable. Thanks in advance, because i know coderanche has experts who can solve this.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramu Nallamalli,
+919885578526.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
How you are detecting that the request is again going in every 3 min in IE 8.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic