• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

JSTL issue with Weblogic Server

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I am trying to use JSTL tags in my jsp and when deploy it in the weblogic server I am getting the following error.

1:1: The validator class: "org.apache.taglibs.standard.tlv.JstlCoreTLV" has failed with the following exception: "java.lang.ClassCastException: weblogic.xml.jaxp.RegistrySAXParserFactory"

I have placed JSTL library in the lib folder of WEB_INF and even declared tld in the web.xml file. I have heard that JSTL library is provided by both apache and sun and I am using sun provded JSTL library and tag lib declaration is also in align with that library in my jsp, something like this (<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core"%>), still I am not sure why the weblogic is showing org.apache.taglibs.standard.tlv.JstlCoreTLV in the error message which must be presented in the apache jstl library.

The same libarary and JSPs are working well in the Jboss and Tomcat. I am facing this issue only in weblogic server. I tried several ways to resolve it but with vain.

Any help will be appreciated.....Thanks in advance!!!

security forum advocate
Android Flex Google App Engine
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
This is because the jstl libraries are packaged with the Weblogic distribution.
To use the jstl libraries you might need to add a library-ref to these in the application’s weblogic.xml.
Hope that helps!

Pawan Komaram
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thank you for the reply!!!

Do you mean that I should remove sun provided JSTL library that I have put in WEB_INF\lib folder of my application? Can't Weblogic treat this library separately which might have been loaded by a different class loader? Still I worry that why weblogic is showing org.apache.taglibs.standard.tlv.JstlCoreTLV in the error message which is related to apache JSTL library. Does it mean that weblogic distribution has bundled with apache JSTL library? If so, how to refer it in my weblogic.xml file?

Sai Hegde
security forum advocate
Android Flex Google App Engine
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Yes, the weblogic distribution comes with apache packages.

Here's a link to configure Jstl for weblogic applications -
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E12840_01/wls/docs103/webapp/configurejsfandjtsl.html

Pawan Komaram
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
so, if it comes with an apache library, can't I use sun provided JSTL library in my webapp? is there any work around for this?

The link that you have provided is showing something that is related to sun provided JSTL only...I dont see anything specific to apache library in that.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic