• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

SOA: Web Services through ESB with Registry/Repository

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hey guys,

I'm relatively new to the SOA topic and there are some things I'm missing to get the big picture... maybe someone of you can help.

I want to setup a SOA environment with Web Services (WS) that communicate with an ESB -only-. These WS are registered in a Registry/Repository (RR). I have no problems getting WS, ESB or RR running and playing around with them but I don't really know how to connect them with each other..

Let's look at a scenario where we have:
- WebService A
- WebService B
- ESB
- RR

What I would like to have is that when A calls some function of B that A knows as less as possible about B. So A sends a message to the ESB, the ESB looks in the RR where B (url) is located and routes the message to B. B processes the request and passes the response back to the ESB, ESB passes it back to A - a usual scenario I guess.

I create WS using Apache CXF WS and Eclipse IDE for EE Developers. As RR I use WSO2 Governance Registry and as ESB WSO2 ESB. Apache CXF and Eclipse generates code how the remote call has to look like, but since I don't want WS to WS communication it's not much of any use except for test purposes.

My next goal would be to route requests from WS to WS through an ESB and respones back. That's where I'm currently stuck.. how and what do I send from a WS through/to an ESB?
After that I would like to register the WS in the RR, remove as much as possible interface knowledge in the WS and let the ESB access the WSDL's in the RR for dynamic routing.

I hope someone can help and it's not that obvious how it's done because I didn't really find any documentation..

Thank you!

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic