• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

maven unable to download artifacts

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator

Hi All,
I have written a build script using maven. the maven is running behind our company's proxy so i have entered the proxy information correctly in the settings.xml file. Its a linux machine. For some dependency like below when i try running maven i am getting Connection timeout exception hence the build is failing. below is the settings from the settings.xml

http://fpdownload.adobe.com/pub/swz/flex/4.6.0.23201/framework_4.6.0.23201.swz

Below is the trace of the exception

All other artifacts are being fetched properly and i can ping fpdownload.adobe.com from the machine. I have no clue as of how to fix this.

author
Android Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I assume that the URL you provide to the flex framework is the artifact that would not download. How are you declaring the http://fpdownload.adobe.com repository? Also there is usually additional information about the download attempts right before the stack trace, it would be helpful to see those also.

Pradeep Kumar
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I could resolve it by temporarily uploading the artifact to the internal repository. The reason I was not able to download the artifact behind the proxy is that I was using the maven-external-dependency plugin to download from n external url and the plugin is not connection the url through the proxy setting. I guess its a bug in the plugin.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic