• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

xsl-region-body using content from body. Is this possible?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello all.

I have a problem with an xsl translation to create an FO file for pdf conversion. The body of my document is a table that loops over transaction records and it works and outputs fine. My real problem is that I want a summary block in the xsl-region-end part of the page(top right).This is static for every page but my issue is that the summary depends on content in the body. For example, balance one has its transactions displayed in the table and then I move to a new page and show transaction for the next balance name also in the table but i want my summary to change at the top summarising the transactions on the balance that the table in the body is processing. Is there any way for me to do this?

Thanks,

Colm

Colm Dickson
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello again.

I managed to find a way to do this after much searching. I used a <fo:marker/> embedded within the template where I needed to get my data from. In this I could build up my formatted block containing the details I needed and these details changed as the data in the template was processed. You define the marker and give it a name using

then wherever you want to retrieve the marker in the document you call

In my case, I called this in my static content on the xsl-region-end
e.g.

I hope this is of some use to anyone else requiring the same although if other methds exist please let me know.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic