• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Migrating from Weblogic to JBoss

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello,

I am part of a team that is migrating an application from Weblogic 11g to JBoss Enterprise Platform 5.0.1.CR2. I know that part of this is to change the existing weblogic.xml file over to a jboss.xml file. I have seen some things online about using XLST stylesheets to do this, I believe, at runtime but this really isn't an option for me. I'm looking to see if there is either a methodoligy that I need to use when converting it over from JBoss to Weblogic or if there is some kind of tool that I can use that I give some information and it does the conversion or if I need to use something like the XLST but I only need to use it once and it converts my code. Below is my weblogic.xml file. Any help would be appreciated.

I also have a web.xml file that was told needed to be changed.

author
Android Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
The web.xml usually doesn't need changing (that should be standard across all app servers, but you know how standards are...)

As far as the weblogic config file goes, you will have to figure out, open setting at a time, where to place those in the various JBoss AS config files.

Finally: don't use 5.0.1.CR2. That is a not a released version. If you are planning to use 5.x, use 5.1.0.GA. The 5.0.x versions very very buggy.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic