• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Manage Threads Websphere Application Servers

Greenhorn
IBM DB2 Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
I have webSphere application and three webSphere application server. Scheduler service run a SchedulerServlet of this application one time every day. I have created three thread in SchedulerServlet.I want to that first thread start and run one server,second thread start and run one server, third thread start and run one server.But in my code three thread start and run only one server.How can I allocate three threads on three servers?Please help.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
My god, not even gonna start on this one!

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Catrine,
I think your post will generate more questions than answers. Can you advise on why you need 3 threads to run on 3 different servers, are the 3 threads doing different jobs whats the problem with them running on one server.

Also some other things you should be aware of. If you are creating threads like

this is not recommended. In ejb specs its not allowed and while not explicit in the servlet spec I don't think its advised. In websphere unmanaged threads don't have access to context info so jndi looks using an InitialContext may give you null pointers. For scheduling take a look at the scheduling section in this article

I think post some more details on what type of work you need to do with these 3 threads and why they need to execute on different servers and we'll see if there are alternative ways to doing what you want.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic