• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Apache Portlet Bridge

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Java Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
This one can go in either the JSF or Portlet side, but it seemed Portlet was better.

I've been building my portlets in Liferay 6 using ICEFaces and PortletFaces bridge. All was well, but there's a particular component in Apache Trinidad that I can't seem to find anywhere else. Apparently Trinidad chart won't work with ICEFaces so I don't think PortletFaces bridge will be my solution.

So I'm looking into trying it with Apache MyFaces Bridge. I see they're still in Alpha for the JSF 2.0 compatible stuff, so I may be stuck doing this in JSF 1.2 if it isn't stable enough. Has anyone here tried it? Any horror stories or advice?

Guy deLyonesse
Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Java Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
So more details... can someone offer some advice on this?

Hello,

I’m working on a portlet using MyFaces and Trinidad. I have successfully created a working hello world portlet using:

MyFaces 2.0
PortletBridge 3.0
Trinidad 2.0

The environment is

Liferay 6.0.6 running on Tomcat 6.0.29

The portlet installs and runs fine, displaying a simple outputText control, but the Trinidad Chart control doesn’t display. The value is set to a backing bean that is being instantiated (debug statement in the constructor outputs) but no graphical display.

My faces-config.xml:

My Trinidad-config.xml

My view.xhtml:

My web.xml:

I’m getting no errors of any kind, yet all I see in the portlet view is the value of the h: outputText, and the debug statement in my backing bean outputs, so at least I know everything else is working.

Any ideas? It works fine as a stand alone app.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic