• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Any important feature missing in Mockito?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Tomek!

There are a lot of different mock frameworks available. Is there any important feature which you are missing in Mockito?

Best regards

Fredrik

author
IntelliJ IDE Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Fredrik,

at first I wanted to answer with short "no", but after few minutes of head scratching I think there is more to say.

I think that Mockito is pretty complete, and there is nothing I miss there. Mockito gives you total control when mocking a well designed, loosely coupled code (but, as it was discussed in other thread ,it will not help you with mocking of final classes, static methods and such).

There is always room for improvement though! Recently I have found Komarro framework builds upon Mockito, and goes a step further allowing writing tests, which are even less coupled with implementation. Which means, that Mockito - currently number 1 - can be still improved.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic