• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Glassfish 3.1.2 lib/jar referral from ejb.jar issue

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator

down vote
favorite I have been working on migrating our code base onto Glassfish 3.1.2 using Java 7. I have been struck with this issue, where the deployment of EAR fails. I have an EAR, having modules, ejb.jar, couple of war files, along with lib directory having jar files to be shared across other modules within the EAR.

The issue is that ejb.jar refers to some spring bean definitions in lib/abc.jar file and is unable to find the spring file. The structure is like this:

EAR

•ejb.jar (some spring files in here refer to lib spring file like, xyz.xml importing spring/abc.context.xml)
•couple of war projects.
•lib/lot of jar files (one of the jar here contains the spring file being referred from ejb.jar, note the file is inside directory inside the jar, like spring/abc-context.xml)
But the ejb jar cant load the bean definitions from lib/.jar

I have tried using the Manifest.MF inside the ejb.jar to refer to lib/abc.jar, but with no luck....

Not sure if there is some sort of problem with new GF 3.1.2, why its not able to respect the Manifest file. Any help will be much appreciated!

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
did anybody find a solution for this problem ?

Taran Preet Singh Sodhi
Greenhorn
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Thomas,

We eventually found two issues,
1, We had another file with same which ejb.jar was refereeing to inside another WAR project but with different beans definition, so we renamed and it went through. Also, just for sake of info. Glassfish 3 follows Java EE 6 spec. which has changes around classloading.
2, I was modifying Manifest.MF file manually, which Glassfish didn't like (some special characters prob.). So you can use Ant target to generate the Manifest file instead. I'm sure other build tools should have something similar.

Lemme know how it goes.

Cheers,
Taran Singh.

Thomas Margreiter
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
thanks for that information !

i have downloaded the GF 3.1.2.2 ... works great now !

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic