• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Refreshing Message Resources from database

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Good morning in my timezone.

I changed Struts framework to read the message resources from database instead from a file. I extended from MessageResourcesFactory and from MessageResources classes.In the end i configured the struts-config.xml file and replace the tag

Everything worked fine.My problem is related with the refresh of the message resources. I have build a ContextListener that puts a thread running , this thread makes the refresh. Now the question , how can i access my MessageResources class ? I now that inside an action i have a method that retrieves the resources getResources(HTTPRequest), but because i am running from an external class i do not have access to that method.At least i tried to use the MessageResources.getMessageResources("myResources") the input parameter used is equal to the parameter used in the
tag
above. This method retrieves the MessageResources from Struts not my extended version that contains the refresh method.

Can anyone help me ? I am stuck with this one.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

She's out of the country right now, toppling an unauthorized dictatorship. Please leave a message with this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic