• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Help with ant warning during build

Ranch Hand
Mac Eclipse IDE Safari
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I am working on a OSX Mountain Lion Machine. I have exported the ant build.xml file from my Eclipse project. I have both java 1.6 (apple) and java 1.7 (oracle) installed however from the command prompt java 1.7 is the default. I need to keep my project compatible with Java 1.6 for now.

When I run the build I get the warning message :-

[javac] warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with -source 1.6

My attempts at googling this message or fragments of it have not proved very helpful - I'm assuming that it's (maybe) something to do with me running the java 1.7 compiler on a project flagged for 1.6 - but that just a guess.

If someone could give me some idea of what I need (if anything) to do in order to correct this it would be most helpful.

My java 1.7 is installed in this location :- /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_10.jdk
My java 1.6 is installed in this location :- /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home

Dave

David Garratt
Ranch Hand
Mac Eclipse IDE Safari
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Further research has found this which seems to confirm my suspicions https://blogs.oracle.com/darcy/entry/how_to_cross_compile_for

However I am a little unsure about the syntax (path) I need to use.

I have the path /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents to my Apple 1.6 JDK - but it has a number of directories under it and I'm unsure which of these I need to reference.

I've also stumbled across /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Classes which maybe an alternative as well.

Dave

David Garratt
Ranch Hand
Mac Eclipse IDE Safari
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
In case it helps anyone I think I have the solution as follows:-

In the renaissance, how big were the dinosaurs? Did you have tiny ads?
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic