• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

how to become a oracle certified master

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
Guys, recently this year in March i decided to take th e scjp 6 exam and got the study guide K&B scjp 6 book(Great book two thumbs up). And through a lot of coding and i mean a lot of coding and reading. I took the exam last week and came out with a 95% considering the fact i had minimum experience of java programming.Now I have two problems:
1. I want to become an Oracle Certified Master, Java SE 6 Developer the path that i want to choose the web services and web component developer and i would also want to do the java persistance developer. So could you please recomend the books that are needed in order for me to become an Oracle Certified Master.
I would be really grateful for your assistance.

2. The second problem is that upon studying for the scjp 6 i quit my job(I know dumb move) now i really i want to persue a carreer in java programming and here in my country (Zimbabwe) people don't appreciate programming and I.T and I want to persue a career in programming please do advise me on how i could seek a job outside the country i do have an Advanced Diploma in I.T and my ocpjp 6 certification i would be glad if i was to get a job as junior or trainee programmer. Please do help me out.

Thanks in advance

Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
1. Buy this book for the master exam: SCJD Exam with J2SE 5 (Expert's Voice in Java) , authors: Andrew Monkouse and Terry Camerlengo, publisiher: Apress. This is the best guide I know of.

2. Looking for a job takes time and sometimes, it depends on luck. Good luck to you, wish you all the best.

simbarashe makura
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
thanks wilk that book do since i want is java 6?

Bartender
Eclipse IDE Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

simbarashe makura wrote:thanks wilk that book do since i want is java 6?

Yes. The book is perfectly usable(and useful) for OCMJD with JSE6(I've used the same book).

All the best!

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi simbarashe,

a mandatory course has been added to the master developer exam so if you want to become certified it's added on a lot of money to this certification.

Seeing since you're out of work with no income this might be out of your budget?

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic