• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Jax-ws support for ws-*

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
hello

i was wondering if i have a wsdl file that contains some ws-policy and ws-securitypolicy stuff in addition to any other ws-* content , would ws-import be able to import it correctly because i couldn't find any jax-ws annotations that would address the ws-* stuff , and if there is no way to use jax-ws with ws-* can you tell me where i can find a complete ws-* implementation for all the ws-* specs specially security cause i have a requirement to use user name password authentication with my services over https .

thank you in advance

Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
JAX-WS is an API for implementing SOAP web services in Java, nothing more, nothing less. It is up to each JAX-WS implementation (like Metro, Axis2, etc.) to integrate further standards that are commonly labelled WS-*. Check the documentation of whatever implementaion you're using to see what it supports and how to use it.

WS-Security, specifically, is supported by all major JAX-WS implementations.

anas alsarairah
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
thanks for the reply but i have then another question , i couldnt find any annotations in metro or even axis2 that enable us to indent ws-* features inside the implementation code for the web service specially ws-security

thanks

Ulf Dittmer
Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Correct. JAX-WS does not address those other WS-* specifications. As I said, check the documentation of your implementation to learn how it supports other WS-* features.

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic