• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Upload to Central repo

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello, I am wondering, How can I share my maven artifact,
I have read the article http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-central-repository-upload.html
and there are said that I can not use external repositories. But I use it in my artifact.

Could anybody help me with this problems?

Yours faithfully.

author
Android Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
If you upload your artifact to Maven Central, and that artifact relies on other artifacts that are not in Maven Central, how will other people access those artifacts?

Most development teams solve this on one of two ways:

a) The development team establishes their own repository (using Nexus or Arifactory) and places their artifacts into that repository but does not make that repository available on the internet. This works well for teams that want to share artifacts with team other but not with the world (and i crucial in proprietary environments). This is what we do at work.

b) Same as "a", but the repository is made available on the internet. This way anyone can make use of those artifacts but the control of the repository remains in the hands of the development team. An example is the JBoss Maven repository.

Petr parsentev
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks. This is clear. But I would like to add more details, because I don't want to use special servers for this task. We develop an e-commercial product. It supports to add extensions. I need to build the atricaft, It helps to develop new extensions, but it should be used the core lib of this product. For this reason I have pushed this library in GitHub repo and made some settings that it can be the dependency of any maven artifact. The next task, which I want to solve, is to share this artifact. I mean the external repo has public access.

Is it possibly to do with this conditions?

Peter Johnson
author
Android Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I believe you can do this, provided the GitHub repo follows the Maven repository protocol (I never worked with it so I don't know). You need to document to your customers that are creating extensions that they need to add a <repository> entry in their POMs to access your artifact.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic