• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Differences between J2ee 1.5 & J2EE 1.6

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
hi all,

i've just finished j2ee 1.5 tutorial study from oracle java web site, am i qualified enough to seek for j2ee related jobs!?

Has j2ee 1.5 been outdated in the software market market!?

Will it be difficult or easy to study j2ee 1.6 further in a short time, since i 've been using 7-months to study j2ee 1.5 tutorial completely!?

my background is my previous working field is enginerering, and just got a bit j2se development experiences!?

Hope anyone can discuss with me

Thanks in advance,

LA

Bartender
Netbeans IDE Java Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Hayato,
No, I don't think JEE 5 is not outdated (and from 1.5, J2EE is called as JEE).

It is difficult to provide a timeframe for learning JEE 6 - since you already know 5, you can build on it.
Also, its quite hard to talk about the Job market. The recent trend has been to move away from Enterprise containers, so EJBs may not be much in demand, but JSP/Servlet/JSF remains in demand.

Laurence Yip
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Ranganathan Kaliyur Mannar wrote:Hi Hayato,
No, I don't think JEE 5 is not outdated (and from 1.5, J2EE is called as JEE).

It is difficult to provide a timeframe for learning JEE 6 - since you already know 5, you can build on it.
Also, its quite hard to talk about the Job market. The recent trend has been to move away from Enterprise containers, so EJBs may not be much in demand, but JSP/Servlet/JSF remains in demand.

Hi Mannar,

Thanks for your reply first, i have one more follow-up question: for 'The recent trend has been to move away from Enterprise containers' you mentioned, what stuffs will be used instead to write the business layer for a multi-tier web application!? any substituent the market use to write the business logic or they are all implemented by ' JSP/Servlet/JSF' instead.....!?

Thanks for your kindly reply again,

LAW

Ranganathan Kaliyur Mannar
Bartender
Netbeans IDE Java Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
The idea is to have the business logic in a POJO and use CDI/Spring to inject and use them as needed. So, in this case, Tomcat with Spring/CDI would do.

Laurence Yip
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Ranganathan Kaliyur Mannar wrote:The idea is to have the business logic in a POJO and use CDI/Spring to inject and use them as needed. So, in this case, Tomcat with Spring/CDI would do.

hi mannar,

i'd also like to ask which version of Spring should i start if i'm just in JEE 1.5!?...More, i've just found that CDI/Spring come from JEE6, should i need to pick up JEE6 first before touching CDI/Spring....!?

LAW

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic