• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Need help in my final year about connectivity with Ms-SQL server

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I am facing connectivity problem with my project, i am going to attach here. Please help me out as fast as possible. I am getting error :
F:\1\Multisignature>java AdminMsg
Waiting for the Message
Database Connectivity Error java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manag
er] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

LINK FOR THE PROJECT : http://www.filedropper.com/multisignature

Deepak Gavkar
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Jayesh A Lalwani wrote:Couple of things

A) don't shout
B) you posted in the wrong forum
C) you will need to post the code here if you want to make it easy for people to help you. Not many people are going to click on that link

Edit: I have modified the subject and moved the thread

Oh sorry!

Deepak Gavkar
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Deepak Gavkar wrote:I am facing connectivity problem with my project, i am going to attach here. Please help me out as fast as possible. I am getting error :
F:\1\Multisignature>java AdminMsg
Waiting for the Message
Database Connectivity Error java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manag
er] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

LINK FOR THE PROJECT : http://www.filedropper.com/multisignature

SOURCE CODE :

THERE IS FOLDER NAMED "TABLE" IN THE PROJECT FOLDER IN THAT THERE IS "SIGNATURE" FILE INCLUDED.

Rancher
Eclipse IDE Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
To make it easier to solve the problem, you should create a SSCCE that reproduces the problem. Since it looks like you are having problem connecting to the database, try to make another program that just connects to database and nothing else

Deepak Gavkar
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Jayesh A Lalwani wrote:To make it easier to solve the problem, you should create a SSCCE that reproduces the problem. Since it looks like you are having problem connecting to the database, try to make another program that just connects to database and nothing else

OK, I am going to try it out. Thank you!

Marshal
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
How many main methods have you got in that code?

Jayesh A Lalwani
Rancher
Eclipse IDE Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I am just curious. Did you write 4500 lines of code without testing even one line? or was this code working before and stopped working suddenly? or did you get this code from someone else?

Writing thousands and thousands of line of code and then testing it in all one go is bad bad practice. That's why we emphasise test driven development here. Write your test code first, then write some code.. then improve your test, then write more code, and do this iteratively. You should never run into a case where you have written 4500 lines of code and then you figure out that you cannot connect to database.

Deepak Gavkar
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Jayesh A Lalwani wrote:I am just curious. Did you write 4500 lines of code without testing even one line? or was this code working before and stopped working suddenly? or did you get this code from someone else?

Writing thousands and thousands of line of code and then testing it in all one go is bad bad practice. That's why we emphasise test driven development here. Write your test code first, then write some code.. then improve your test, then write more code, and do this iteratively. You should never run into a case where you have written 4500 lines of code and then you figure out that you cannot connect to database.

Cool buddy this project don't have only one file to run, And i have made the connection with database by using My-Sql while doing R&D in the college lab's.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic