• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

How to hide menu option?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi All,

I have one problem

I install jforum. that show all menu option like Search ,Recent Topics,Hottest Topics , Member Listing , Moderation Log etc. to guest user but i want to hide some option from the guest user like moderation Log, Member Listing etc. and also hide from register user. (How to give privileges to guest user,register user & moderator).

author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
For the moderation log, go into the admin console > general > role and check the setting for "Can see Moderation Activity Log". You want this to be no for non-admins.

A guest user is the "anonymous" user id. You can create a separate group for it if you like. And you could use the admin console to restrict access to all forums rendering search/hotest topics/etc useless.

I think we had to customize the header.htm file to customize member listing not showing up.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic