• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

OCA/OCP Java SE 7 Programmer I & II Study Guide

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello ranchers,
I pre-ordered this book on amazon.com in November 2012 and still not received the book. I got 2 emails so far stating that book delivery is postponed due change in the release date. Does anyone know what is the delay, would this book be available elsewhere? Also what good alternative books can I use?

Thanks in advance,
LN

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Yeah, the book is delayed and now it will be available in June end. Currently, the book by Ganesh/Sharma is the only book available for OCPJP 7. You can find more information in this thread.

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Java Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi All,

Has anyone heard any update about this? I checked on Amazon today and although it states the 'published date' as July 2013, it still only has the book available for pre-order. Having passed the OCA exam yesterday I would like to get cracking with the OCP straight away.

Cheers,
S

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
according to the publisher site, this book will be released the december 26,2014.

I wonder why this book delayed so much. I'm in the same situation as yours having passed the OCA this month, I wanted to get the new Sierra book but when I saw it was already saying the release date would be in december, only I don't remember being only in 2014... now I have already ordered Ganesh book from Amazon and I'm only waiting for them to deliver.

Stuie Clarky
Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Java Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Yeah we wanted to get the copies for all the devs in the office. We brought everyone who needed it the book for exam one, would of been nice to be able to buy everyone the Sierra & Bates book, as we still have copies of the SCJP6 book by them about in the office

Ranch Hand
Clojure Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I have to wonder if K/B have decided just to miss Java 7 and finish their book for Java 8.

Bert Bates is active on Javaranch. Bert, can you tell us anything about your plans for this book or others?

Thanks,
Rick

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic