• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Resource not found on linux machine restart

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi

I don't know why everytime when the linux server machine is restarted, my web application which i have deployed on that machine gives a resource not found error. Otherwise i have no issues with that webapplication until the next time the machine is restarted.

I have used spring framework as the platform for the application and used NetBeans 6.0 to develop my application and used Sun Java System Application Server Admin Console to deploy the war file on that machine.

What could be the cause??

Thanks
Robin

best scout
Scala IntelliJ IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi robin,

what do you have to do in order to get your web application working again? Re-deploy it? Perhaps this would give a hint to a permanent solution??

Anyway I don't believe this is a Linux specific problem. The only thing I could imagine is a problem/misconfiguration of the file system where the applications get deployed. Are you eventually using kind of a RAM disk (i.e. tmpfs) for speedup? Or some kind of remote file system which is missing at boot time? In general Linux as a server OS doesn't show any non-deterministic behavior like Windows sometimes does. And if you can reproduce this error there's surely a solution to it.

Otherwise I think it's possibly a configuration problem of the application server although I never experienced such problems.

Marco

robin singal
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hello Marco

Sorry for delayed reply. Yes whenever i redeploy it it becomes working again. How can this give a hint?? No, i am not using tmpfs and also do not use a remote file system.

I'll look at the configuration issues if any that may have caused the problem and would be keeping my fingers crossed. I'll post it if i find a solution.

Thanks
Robin

Marco Ehrentreich
best scout
Scala IntelliJ IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi robin,

Yes whenever i redeploy it it becomes working again. How can this give a hint??

This indeed isn't a great help. I thought you'd perhaps do something more mysterious

Unfortunately I only know of problems with some application server versions on Windows because of file system locking problems. But I've never experienced the problem you describe here with Linux. For me applications in Glassfish stay deployed even if I shutdown the application server which was the case in any version of Glassfish I've ever tested. So this at least seems to be the default behavior for it, but I don't really know if there's a configuration option to automatically undeploy applications when the server gets shut down.

Without knowing the details the only thing which comes to mind is that the application server doesn't get properly shut down when the machine is rebooted and therefore reacts in this manner. Did you have a look a the server log files? Perhaps the logs will tell you what's going on here.

Marco

robin singal
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
sorry for always a delayed response ..
Actually i was also nearly at that track, to see the log files...
I shall watch out for those and respond soon..
Thanks

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
hi robin,

i also have the same problem. i am using glassfish v3 on vista. whenever i restart glassfish server the deployed application list is empty, the JDBC Resources and Connection Pools that I had created are all gone. It appears that the changes are not being saved. i have checked the "\glassfish\glassfish\domains\domain1\applications" folder the application files are still there but glassfish does not shows it. i guess something does not gets saved. have you tried reinstalling glassfish?? please keep me updated if you get a solution for this problem.

harkiran

harkiran singh
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
ok, problem solved. changed access privileges for the folder "config" under 'glassfish\glassfish\domains\domain1\'

gave "full control" to all users.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I am not so knowledgeable about this matter. So i have to learn it. Thanks for the post.

taux pret auto - taux pret auto differe selon la rise en compte ... calculent automatiquement le taux pour un prĂȘt automobile donne.

We're being followed by intergalactic spies! Quick! Take this tiny ad!
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic