• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Passed, what is next ?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello after I have achieved this certification I am wondering how to plan my future target.
Considering I work in EAI area I want to improve in backend and middleware area.
I am thinking about IBM SOA certifications 669 and 667, Oracle EJB.
Studing for web services I noticed big gaps about XML and related technology and this made grasping little tough in some case, unfortunately IBM XML certification does not exist anymore
what do you think about xmlmaster.org and w3schools certification ?
I really want to start over from the beginning, and face basic concept I skipped for too long during my career

Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
If I pass this web service exam, I will consider J2EE architect exam. But that is just me.

davide boleso
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You are going to pass for sure :-)
Developer is interesting but it looks to complicated steps and you have to pay for 3thousand course, unfortunately CD ROM course is not valid req

Himai Minh
Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I am worrying about the Web service expert exam 6.0 now. I am reading RMH's book and Java Web Service Up and Running. But some ranchers say these two books are not good enough. I still need more reference books. I read MZ's notes and Ivan's notes too.
By the way, Ivan's notes cover JAXR and WSDL 2.0. Should I skip these two for the exam ? I heard JAXR is not in the exam any more.

I passed my developer exam earlier this year. That exam is tough, too. I paid $900 for the training. I enjoy the experience and learned a lot from the exam though.

davide boleso
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Himai dont be worried you are smart you are going to pass the exam for sure.
You want to learn web services well ?
study well Java Web Service Up and Running, write every example and test, read every kind of specification oasis w3c ws-i
You want to pass the exam ?
just read Java Web Service Up and Running, test the things you learn a couple of time
grab MZ notes, epractize lab, ucertify, test self engin stuck in your head all the question dont worry if you dont undestand and in 3 weeks you pass the exam for sure
Davide

When I was younger I felt like a man trapped inside a woman’s body. Then I was born. My twin is a tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic