• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Anyone run the latest Android SDK updates in Eclipse?

Bartender
IntelliJ IDE Python Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I ran the latest updates and now my app won't run anymore. It compiles fine, but when it comes time to run I get a warning in LogCat that it cannot resolve any of the classes I use from the support package (android.support.v4.app.FragmentActivity being the biggest offender). This was all working until I (stupidly) ran the updater. I rebuilt about 30 times, deleted everything under bin manually, etc... no difference. I checked: The support.v4 JAR is in my build path, and does exist in the appropriate folder. I get no compile time warning or errors. Everything looks hunky-dory until I try to run.

Anyone seen this or have an idea to on how to get the support package working again? Or how to roll back on the SDK update?

Steve Luke
Bartender
IntelliJ IDE Python Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Finally got it working again. Not exactly sure what the break was, but I had to:
1) Remove the Android Private Dependencies from the Project Properties build path (it contained the support.v4 JAR as a dependency)
2) Clean build to get error messages.
3) Right-click on Project, select Android Tools > Add Support Library (added the support.v4 library back in and fixed the compile-time errors)
4) Exit Eclipse and come back in (Clean build did not work)

This solved the issue with the support library. The same thing then happened with every other library I had, so I had to remove all my dependencies, Clean compile to get errors, and add the dependencies back in and restart Eclipse. I was able to all the third party libraries at once (so I suspect if I did all the libraries at the same time as the support library it would have worked in the first round).

Anyways: My advice to the next fella: Never upgrade anything mid-project.

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic