• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

OCEWCD Not Included Topics

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello All ,

Am preparing for OCEWCD and am asking about some topics which i can't find in the Exam topic at Oracle , Topics

1- Creating custom tags (Classic and Simple ).
2- Design Patterns (It is not included now ).

Also if anyone can inform me if there is other topics was included at SCWCD but not at OCEWCD , that will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Creator of Enthuware JWS+ V6
Android Eclipse IDE Chrome
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Ramy,

Welcome to Coderanch!

The topics of Oracle are not always complete so don't let you guide by them completely.

The easiest thing to do is to read the stories of the people who have passed the exam from the Certification Results. Apart from that you can check the ScwcdLinks.

As far as I remember from the people posting about this: there are questions about Creating custom tags (Simple tags only) and there are questions about Design Patterns.

Regards,
Frits

MyExamCloud Software Support
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Yes what Frits said is right. The oracle certification objectives may not have complete topics and some times there may be few mistakes too. When the time of OCPJP 7 beta the content was DOA pattern instead of DAO pattern and we emailed to them about the mistake for correction.

- Read this forum and collect the topics which you need more attention
- Prepare well with programming examples
- Take mock exams
- Improve your knowledge and get confidence to take real exam

Good luck for your exam preparation !

Ramy Nady
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Frits Walraven wrote:Hi Ramy,

Welcome to Coderanch!

The topics of Oracle are not always complete so don't let you guide by them completely.

The easiest thing to do is to read the stories of the people who have passed the exam from the Certification Results. Apart from that you can check the ScwcdLinks.

As far as I remember from the people posting about this: there are questions about Creating custom tags (Simple tags only) and there are questions about Design Patterns.

Regards,
Frits

Thanks Frits ,

I was thinking of enthuware exams , but i have read it is 650+ questions , many other friends asking me to buy another exams with only 100 questions that guarantee 90% of the cert exam questions.

What do you think in that ? what is better ?

In other words , can i expect all the cert exam questions to be included in those 650 questions from enthuware ?

Thanks in advance

Frits Walraven
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Ramy Diab wrote:
I was thinking of enthuware exams , but i have read it is 650+ questions , many other friends asking me to buy another exams with only 100 questions that guarantee 90% of the cert exam questions.

In other words , can i expect all the cert exam questions to be included in those 650 questions from enthuware ?

Thanks in advance

There is no way that you can buy a (legal) mock exam that has only 100 questions and a guarantee of 90%. Probably those questions come from an illegal source and contain real exam questions. Everybody can pass an exam learning questions by heart, however you should ask yourself if you will be a good developer by doing that (and I know the answer).

Enthuware provides you with questions (not real questions) in order for you to learn all the exam topics. If you pass the mock exams you are sure you will pass the real exam as well. However you can't pass any of the exams without learning the topics from a book or from the specifications!

Regards,
Frits

Ramy Nady
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Frits Walraven wrote:

Ramy Diab wrote:

Thanks in advance

There is no way that you can buy a (legal) mock exam that has only 100 questions and a guarantee of 90%. Probably those questions come from an illegal source and contain real exam questions. Everybody can pass an exam learning questions by heart, however you should ask yourself if you will be a good developer by doing that (and I know the answer).

Enthuware provides you with questions (not real questions) in order for you to learn all the exam topics. If you pass the mock exams you are sure you will pass the real exam as well. However you can't pass any of the exams without learning the topics from a book or from the specifications!

Regards,
Frits

Thanks Frits ,

By the way , I already read Head First JSP/Servlets two times , Servlet 3.0 Spec and many other free mock exams.

I was asking the question regarding my final preparation to decide what mock exams i need to buy.

Final Note : I already know some colleagues passed many others cert exams by only taking (108 Q's) mock exam , they found the same questions there at the real exam.

am not preferring this way at all , and for that i spent till now 45 days studying all the materials.the only remaining part is to take some mock exams , for that I asked my question.

Thanks again.

Frits Walraven
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Ramy Diab wrote:
am not preferring this way at all , and for that i spent till now 45 days studying all the materials.the only remaining part is to take some mock exams , for that I asked my question.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic