• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

How to sleep 6 hours and work 10 ten hours ?

Ranch Hand
jQuery Google App Engine Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I can bet many of you only sleep for 6 hours a day (or night ) and work for more than 10 hours per day. How do you do that ? Owing to my liver problem , I can't take coffee or ordinary tea they sell in India and I can't afford green tea. I want to wake up at 4:30 o clock in the morning and go to bed at 11. During the whole day, I don't want to fall asleep. I never tried it before , I am going to start from today. What do you do get rid of sleepiness or drowsiness ?

Bartender
MyEclipse IDE Firefox Browser Linux
  • Likes 3
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Most human beings need 8 hours of sleep to maintain active brain function. Some can manage with as little as 4 while others need 10. It depends on the person. Sleeping routines also vary wildly based on the individual.

There have been studies to show that sustained overworking beyond a certain point actually reduces your productivity. Taking naps improves your alertness and ability to retain memory. As long as you focus on your job during an 8 hour period, you should be able to achieve a lot in that timespan.

How someone `perceives` your productivity is usually the crux of the problem. Perceived and actual productivity are different problems to solve in the work place.

Here's an interesting read related to this topic - http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/10/opinion/sunday/relax-youll-be-more-productive.html

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server Java
  • Likes 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I cannot agree more with Deepak.

Perception and actuality always differ and that is the reason why politics (rather than hardwork) pays off when it comes to promotion. ;)

author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Likes 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I sleep for more than 6 hours a night. In fact 6 is my lower limit that I can do for a day or two while still remaining functional. I also don't work for 10 hours a day (unless you count volunteer "work."). I'm very focused and productive when I'm working though and work quickly.

How much sleep do you get now?

As far as coffee, I don't drink any either. I also don't drink soda. One natural way to boost your energy is to go for a brief walk or jog (or some other exercise) in the morning. I take a longer route to work so I can go for a 10 minute walk "on the way." This is a great investment as it gets me going for the day. As a short term energy boost, sugar helps. But it only helps for a short period of time so I wouldn't recommend using it as a solution to your problem.

Bobby Sharma
Ranch Hand
jQuery Google App Engine Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
thank you , very much

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic