• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Took OCPJP7

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I was semi-confident going into the exam room. I primarily studied with the Ganesh and Sharma book and enthuware mock exams and even though my scores were only in the 60%ish range, I was pretty confident the mock exams were significantly harder than the real thing since that was my experience with the OCA exam in which my scores were in the 70% range and I got a 96%.

All confidence vanished after taking about five questions. Its not that they were too tricky or obscure, they all seemed to be reasonable questions just moderately hard ones. There weren't a lot of free passes. So I was really not feeling good at all after completing the exam. I used up all my time, and even had to randomly guess on a few that I had left blank. I get a completion sheet from the proctor (which was handed face down), and all it says I have to check my email to get a score. That's weird, because for the OCA exam I got a "congratulations" and a sheet telling me I got a 96%. So I have a depressing cold ride home (its windy and snowy here) and I'm fairly certain I failed.

So I get home check my email, which tells me to log on to the Oracle site, I click "See exam results now" and I see... 68!

Relieved that I passed, but a little too close for comfort. It was a hard test but it was fair. There's really nothing to suggest except to study hard.

MyExamCloud Software Support
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Any way, you passed the exam, so congratulations Tyson Lindner. If you have a good knowledge in concept no need to worry about this percentage numbers. Go forward for your further steps.

Good Luck!

Look! I laid an egg! Why does it smell like that? Tiny ad, does this smell weird to you?
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic