• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I noticed this morning that none of posts that had been made since I last logged on were highlighted with yellow icons as they usually are.
After a few minutes of browsing various forums I went to the Recent Topics page and there was one highlighted post that had been made during the few minutes I had been logged on this morning, but that was the only one. There were several that had been posted since my last login that were not highlighted.
Has anything changed or is this something I need to investigate at my end ?

Edit: Note that when I say 'log in' above I mean connect to the site. I have the keep me logged in option set so I don't need to actually log in.
However I tried logging out (rather than just closing the browser which I normally do) and when I logged back in the highlighting seemed to be working okay again.

Edit 2: After logging in in Edit 1 I just closed my browser (without logging out) and then when connecting to the site about an hour later, all the new messages were highlighted, so I guess it was something at my end.

Joanne Neal
Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Connected and disconnected a few times during the day now and everything seems okay,so feel free to ignore/delete this thread.

Marshal
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I don't know why, but the yellow/white light‑bulb icons are notoriously unpredictable.

author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Joanne,
If you go into your profile and click "site personalizations", you can select "Keep track of threads read on a thread by thread basis". The accuracy is higher with that checked because it is looking at threads you really looked at and not just ones since you last logged in.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic