• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Phillip Hughes 1988-2014

Bartender
Hibernate Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
While the forum title is less than perfect, I thought I'd post this for any other cricket lovers out there who have heard the news about Phillip Hughes, who died earlier today, following Tuesday's freak accident in a Sheffield Shield match between South Australia and New South Wales.

Like everyone else, my thoughts go out to his family and friends; but also to poor Sean Abbott who, at only 22, has to deal with the aftermath of this horrible tragedy. I hope he is given all the support he needs to get past this and understand that it was not his fault.

Winston

Ranch Hand
Mac PPC Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
In my childhood I played a lot of cricket and sometimes with the cricket ball without helmets. This tragic incident just reminds me how safety should be the first priority.

I'm really saddened after hearing this news. I hope that this never happens again and there are some considerations on the protective gear the batsman wear.

Ranch Hand
BSD Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Joe Harry wrote:I hope that this never happens again and there are some considerations on the protective gear the batsman wear.

Recently I saw Sri Lankan cricketers wearing helmets with protective part exactly at the same area where Phillip Hughes was hit.
Good initiative by helmet makers.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic