• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

WAS failed to start

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Dear All,
I have installed WAS and DB2 and It was working fine. Suddenly, When I rebooted the server and run WAS Administrative console, I get this error "The Admin Client Failed to connect to the Admin Server. Start the local or remote Admin Server service before launching the Admin Client". I have checked the log file adminserver_stderr.log and it shows a long statement which I could not make it.
Also, I have tried to execute the Adminservice from command prompt and getting the following error:
StartServiceCtrlDispatcher failed with error 1063.
Please help me to solve this issue.
Thanks in Advance
Muthuvel C.
[This message has been edited by Muthuvel Chinnachamy (edited October 09, 2001).]

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Try checking out the contents of the trace file and putting up the relevant portions of it here.

Muthuvel Chinnachamy
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Dear Rahul,
Please find the trace file content:
Tue Oct 09 16:31:03 2001 - Error - ws_open_domain_client_socket - WaitNamedPipe Tue Oct 09 16:31:03 2001 - Error - ws_open_domain_client_socket - WaitNamedPipe Tue Oct 09 16:31:03 2001 - Error - ws_open_domain_client_socket return error
Tue Oct 09 16:31:03 2001 - Error - ERROR: In do_service_time_request, connect_to_queue failed
Tue Oct 09 16:31:03 2001 - Error - Error passing service/run request ... error 8 on clone 0
Tue Oct 09 16:31:03 2001 - Error - router_service : Failed 8
This I have copied from trace.log.ibmhttp.Tue-Oct-09-15.57.52-2001.
Thanks and regards
Muthuvel C.

Muthuvel Chinnachamy
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Dear Rahul,
Again our WAS server Failed to start. The following are the content of the tracefile.
Earlier i had the same problem and I resolved it by reinstalling WAS again.
Please help to solve this problem.
[01.10.16 18:38:07:449 GMT+05:30] 816917c1 AdminServer A Initializing WebSphere Administration server
[01.10.16 18:38:07:559 GMT+05:30] 705697c4 DrAdminServer A DrAdmin available on port 1,093
[01.10.16 18:38:07:889 GMT+05:30] 816917c1 DBMgr F Failed to create a data source: java.sql.SQLException: Problem replaying system journal: java.io.EOFException
at java.sql.SQLException.<init>(SQLException.java:84)
at jdbc.idbConnection.<init>(idbConnection)
at jdbc.idbDriver.connect(idbDriver)
at com.ibm.ejs.cm.pool.JDBC1xConnectionFactory.createConnection(JDBC1xConnectionFactory.java:19)
at com.ibm.ejs.cm.pool.ConnectionPool.createConnection(ConnectionPool.java:635)
at com.ibm.ejs.cm.pool.ConnectionPool.createOrWaitForConnection(ConnectionPool.java:590)
at com.ibm.ejs.cm.pool.ConnectionPool.findFreeConnection(ConnectionPool.java:520)
at com.ibm.ejs.cm.pool.ConnectionPool.findConnectionForTx(ConnectionPool.java:472)
at com.ibm.ejs.cm.pool.ConnectionPool.allocateConnection(ConnectionPool.java:424)
at com.ibm.ejs.cm.pool.ConnectionPool.getConnection(ConnectionPool.java:169)
at com.ibm.ejs.cm.DataSourceImpl.getConnection(DataSourceImpl.java:113)
at com.ibm.ejs.cm.SMDataSource.getConnection(SMDataSource.java:83)
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.util.db.DBMgr.initialize(DBMgr.java:183)
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.server.AdminServer.startConnectionMgr(AdminServer.java:1193)
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.server.AdminServer.initializeRuntime(AdminServer.java:984)
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.server.AdminServer.main(AdminServer.java:353)
FATAL Failed to create a data source: {0} java.sql.SQLException: Problem replaying system journal: java.io.EOFException
at java.sql.SQLException.<init>(SQLException.java:84)
at jdbc.idbConnection.<init>(idbConnection)
at com.ibm.ejs.cm.pool.JDBC1xConnectionFactory.createConnection(JDBC1xConnectionFactory.java:19)
at com.ibm.ejs.cm.pool.ConnectionPool.createConnection(ConnectionPool.java:635)
at com.ibm.ejs.cm.pool.ConnectionPool.createOrWaitForConnection(ConnectionPool.java:590)
at com.ibm.ejs.cm.pool.ConnectionPool.findFreeConnection(ConnectionPool.java:520)
at com.ibm.ejs.cm.pool.ConnectionPool.findConnectionForTx(ConnectionPool.java:472)
at com.ibm.ejs.cm.pool.ConnectionPool.allocateConnection(ConnectionPool.java:424)
at com.ibm.ejs.cm.pool.ConnectionPool.getConnection(ConnectionPool.java:169)
at com.ibm.ejs.cm.DataSourceImpl.getConnection(DataSourceImpl.java:113)
at com.ibm.ejs.cm.SMDataSource.getConnection(SMDataSource.java:83)
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.util.db.DBMgr.initialize(DBMgr.java:183)
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.server.AdminServer.startConnectionMgr(AdminServer.java:1193)
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.server.AdminServer.initializeRuntime(AdminServer.java:984)
at com.ibm.ejs.sm.server.AdminServer.main(AdminServer.java:353)

Thanks and regards
Muthuvel C.

Rahul Mahindrakar
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

[01.10.16 18:38:07:889 GMT+05:30] 816917c1 DBMgr F Failed to create a data source: java.sql.SQLException: Problem replaying system journal: java.io.EOFException

The problem lies in the above statement. Have you done anything to the database directly. This is especially with the System files that IBM WAS maintains with Oracle. Are you able to connect to the database via a java application. Try out a simple application that connects to the database and see if it works. If possible can you write the admin.conf file over here.
Rahul.

Muthuvel Chinnachamy
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Dear Rahul,
Thanks for your reply.
We are using DB2 as database backend.
I have tested the DB2 connectivity with Tomcat server and it is working fine.
Please help me to resolve this problem since it is occurring very often.
Thanks and regards
Muthuvel C.

Rahul Mahindrakar
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

at jdbc.idbConnection.(idbConnection)

This thing comes to my mind as to why the idbConnection is failing. Have you done any work on it. Give me some info as to what you have been doing so that it fails. Unless you give me this how can I resolve your problem.

------------------

Mahindrakar
IBM Application Server & Developer Forum Moderator

Consultant - Zensar Technologies ,Pune India.
SCJP2, SCJD2 & SCJEA (Part I)

Muthuvel Chinnachamy
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Dear Rahul,
We are developing a web based application using JSP+servlets and DB2 will be our database. We are using WAS as development server. We develop servlets and JSP pages and publish them to WAS server. After publishing, we have to clear the temp directory and restart the Web application (under default server). This is what we are doing during our development cycle. Sometime back, the java.exe took 99% of CPU time and operation was very slow. I thought restarting the server will help and restarted the server, then problem started. I could not restart the WAS Admin server from menu as well as from control panel, it gives error - service specific error 10.
This is occurring very often and when ever this problem occurs I have to reinstall WAS server again to bring it to normal.
Please help me.
Thanks and regards
Muthuvel C.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Muthuvel Chinnachamy:
Dear All,
I have installed WAS and DB2 and It was working fine. Suddenly, When I rebooted the server and run WAS Administrative console, I get this error "The Admin Client Failed to connect to the Admin Server. Start the local or remote Admin Server service before launching the Admin Client". I have checked the log file adminserver_stderr.log and it shows a long statement which I could not make it.
Also, I have tried to execute the Adminservice from command prompt and getting the following error:
Thanks in Advance
Muthuvel C.
[This message has been edited by Muthuvel Chinnachamy (edited October 09, 2001).]

Prachee
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,
I am facing the same problem. I have installed the DB2 7.2, IBM HTTP Server 1.3.12, WAS 3.5 and upgraded it to 3.5.5 by adding the fixpacks. Then I installed the WPS in the Development mode. It was working fine till here. Then I added SecureWay to use the enabled mode of the WPS. I made the settings using the WebSphere Application Console. (User Registry). After this, when I tried to restart the application server, it gave me this error. If I try to open the console again, it asks me for the LDAP password. If the password is wrong, it says Authentication Fail Error. If I supply right username and the password as I used in the installation of the SecureWay, it gives me this error. ("The Admin Client failed to connect to the Admin Server. Start local or remote Admin Server before launching Admin Client"). I have tried all the option given here in ur communication with
Mr. Rahul.
I will be very greatful to u if u can tell me how u solved this problem. Or some hints to come out of it. I have been trying it since last 3 days.
Thanks and Regards -
Prachee Orpe

Originally posted by Muthuvel Chinnachamy:
Dear All,
Thanks in Advance
Muthuvel C.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
"idbconnection" means its trying to connect to instant database that comes with websphere.try changing your admin.config to use DB2 connection instead of idb.
see
http://www-3.ibm.com/software/webservers/appserv/doc/v35/ae/infocenter/was/030502.html
[ June 13, 2002: Message edited by: vidyaB ]

Prachee
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,
I have tried ur suggestions. Thanx a lot for them. But I dont think its relevent to my problem. My admin.config file is already having all the entries for DB2. I am having problem while starting the WAS Console. Can u pls help me out in that??
Thanx and Regards -
Prachee Orpe
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic