• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Take Free Online Java Practice Tests (And You Might Win A $100 Amazon Gift Card)

Ranch Hand
IntelliJ IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I finished Java FT001. Then I wanted to do Java FT002 (and FT005). But the questions are the same?

Sheriff
Hibernate jQuery Eclipse IDE Spring MySQL Database AngularJS Tomcat Server Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Dennis Grimbergen wrote:But the questions are the same?

Only the first 15 (or maybe 20) are the same, all other questions will be different.

Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Hibernate jQuery Eclipse IDE Spring MySQL Database AngularJS Tomcat Server Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Rob Schipull wrote:Looks like we may need to recruit you and Roel in our next round of question authoring, if you guys have any interest.

If it fits into my schedule, no problem for me. I like nitpicking a lot

Ranch Hand
VI Editor Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Roel De Nijs wrote:If it fits into my schedule, no problem for me. I like nitpicking a lot

Excellent.

Rob Schipull
Ranch Hand
VI Editor Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I went into testcodeskills.com and added in links for FAQ and Details on the $100 Gift card drawing for easy reference.

My plan is to post our link on several of the LinkedIn groups so we can get to our response numbers quickly and start the $100 Gift Card drawing.

Thanks again for everyone's participation, great questions, and help.

rob

Dennis Grimbergen
Ranch Hand
IntelliJ IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I would like to know which questions I answered incorrectly, because now I'm not sure...
I don't care about a price (gift card drawing, whatever that might be).

Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Dennis Grimbergen wrote:I would like to know which questions I answered incorrectly, because now I'm not sure...

That's probably not going to happen, maybe they provide the answers when the project (or if a practice test reaches the response limit and is retired). From a scientific point of view, you can't share the answers until the project has finished, because that could compromise the data you are collecting. I assume Rob and his fellow co-workers on this project want absolute objective data and providing the answers could bring this goal (and the whole project) in jeopardy.

Rob Schipull
Ranch Hand
VI Editor Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Dennis Grimbergen wrote:I would like to know which questions I answered incorrectly, because now I'm not sure...

Dennis,

Roel took the words right out of my mouth. However, there may be something we can do where we make this a win/win. What are your thoughts on us giving you a general idea on a few of the questions you answered incorrectly, what you answered, and what the correct answer was, in exchange for you referring someone to take one of the Field Tests? I'll have to chat with my colleague to see if we can do something like this, but I want to be as flexible as possible so that you guys get as much value out of this as possible. Thoughts?

rob

Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
What's the current status? Did you already have reached your target for some of the practice tests?

Rob Schipull
Ranch Hand
VI Editor Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Roel De Nijs wrote:What's the current status? Did you already have reached your target for some of the practice tests?

Hello Roel,

Thanks for checking in. Unfortunately, we are far from our intended goal of completed tests, and I'm thinking of shutting down the tests due to the low participation. We need between 250-400 completed for each Field Test. Once two Field Tests are closed out we would initiate a random drawing for the Gift Cards.

Below are the current results as of today:

Field TestSigned UpCompleted TestsCompletion %
Java FT0011925227.0%
Java FT0028562.5%
Java FT00311545.5%
Java FT0047228.6%
Java FT00533100.0%
Java FT0069444.4%

rob

Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Rob Schipull wrote:Unfortunately, we are far from our intended goal of completed tests, and I'm thinking of shutting down the tests due to the low participation.

Wow! That's a pretty low participation and waaaay off the intended goals. That's really a shame for all the effort you (and your colleagues) have put into these tests. I think it's probably a good idea to shut them down because I don't think you can do anything more to increase participation.

Rob Schipull
Ranch Hand
VI Editor Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Roel De Nijs wrote:
Wow! That's a pretty low participation and waaaay off the intended goals. That's really a shame for all the effort you (and your colleagues) have put into these tests. I think it's probably a good idea to shut them down because I don't think you can do anything more to increase participation.

Yeah, a little disappointed but very appreciative to all those who participated.

thanks again for your help.

rob

Sheriff
IntelliJ IDE Python Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Rob, just checking in with you. Did anything further come of your study?

Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Tim Cooke wrote:Did anything further come of your study?

I don't think so as they didn't meet the required (intended) goal of completed tests and the tests were shut down due to low participation.

Rob Schipull
Ranch Hand
VI Editor Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hello Jeff,

Yes, Roel is correct. We removed the tests due to low participation. We had a steady flow of participants each day, but the number just wasn't large enough for us to hit our goal in the time frame we were looking at. I have had several folks reach out who expressed interest, so if we do decide to start it up again, we'll definitely come back to coderanch since the participants proved to be helpful with their participation and feedback.

rob

Tim Cooke
Sheriff
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
It's a shame it didn't work out for you. But I have one final question: Who's Jeff?

Rob Schipull
Ranch Hand
VI Editor Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Oops, I meant to say "Tim", not Jeff . My apologies. Before I made that post I was responding to an email inquiry, about the tests, to a gentleman named Jeff. If it makes you feel any better I accidentally called Roel "Noel" in an earlier post a few months back .

rob

Tim Cooke
Sheriff
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
No problem.

Rob Schipull wrote:If it makes you feel any better I accidentally called Roel "Noel" in an earlier post a few months back

Ha, yes I remember having a good chuckle about that at the time.

Doody calls. I would really rather that it didn't. Comfort me wise and sterile tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic