• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

XA Pool messages...what are they for?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I am getting tons of messages as follows:
[16:28:47,321,XAPoolDataSource] Creating XA Pool
Can anyone tell me exactly what that means and whehter its normal to see your server.log full of those messages??
The reason I ask is we are hosting an application for someone that has suddenly started to slow down. They have added more people to their staff but I don't think the issue is the number of users.
We are running on solaris 9 with apache 2.0.40 and JBoss-2.4.6_Tomcat-4.0.3.
Sitting behind that is a Postgresql-7.2.1 database.
After running "sar" I noticed that there have been several times throughout the day that the processor was at 0% idle. There seems to be a large number of httpd instances...(37 sounds high to me but I suppose it could take alot more) and 25 postmaster instances.
During the many of the times where jboss is hogging the cpu, I am getting some exeptions in the log file such as:
[16:34:29,524,XAPoolDataSource] Creating XA Pool
[16:34:29,539,STDERR] Attempt to find failed.
[16:34:29,542,STDERR] Finder exception: javax.ejb.ObjectNotFoundException: invalid primary key supplied
Which to me seems like some sort of invalid query, but I could be mistaken here as I didn't write this app, but have now been told I need to support it...you know how it goes...
Any info would be great.
Thanks

Where does a nanny get ground to air missles? Protect this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic