• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

proble with starting of jboss

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
i have down loaded jboss-3.0.8_tomcat-4.1.24 and set the
jboss_home to c:\jboss-3.0.8_tomcaat-4.1.24 and
java_home to c:\jdk1.4
when i go to run.bat which is bin it is not starting and is giving errors
JBoss Bootstrap Environment
JBOSS_HOME: .\\..
JAVA: C:\JDK1.4c:jdk1.4
JAVA_OPTS:
any body please guide me

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi sreeramsunkari,
Welcome to JavaRanch. I had trouble starting JBoss at first too. My problem was that I had the j2ee.jar in the JRE/lib/ext directory. JBoss has its own jar of the J2EE classes so it is important that you not have any of those classes in your CLASSPATH. Also, you must have the environment variable JAVA_HOME set to the root directory of the Java SDK. If you are using Windows try this:
1. Remove j2ee.jar from JRE/lib/ext if it is there (it won't be unless you put it there)
2. Open a command console.
3. type the command "set CLASSPATH="
4. type the command "set JAVA_HOME=C:\j2sdk1.4.2" (adjust this to the root directory of your Java SDK installation)
5. type "cd C:\jboss-4.0.0DR2\bin" (adjust this to the bin directory of your JBoss installation)
6. type "run -c default"
JBoss should start loading in a default configuration. You should see a whole lot of configuration messages and possibly some exceptions during this process. Don't be too concerned with the exceptions at this point they may or may not be a problem. After some time you should see something like "07:20:18,679 INFO [Server] JBoss started in 121s:44ms" letting you know that JBoss is running. To verify that JBoss is running. Open up a web browser and point it to "http://localhost:8080/jmx-console/index.jsp". After up to a minute, you should see the JBoss console page. Also not that you should not have any other service running on port 8080. So if you have Tomcat running as a service on your machine your machine you need to stop it before starting JBoss.

Author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Try invoking jboss from the bin directory. I don't run on Windows, but I heard that sometimes that makes a difference.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic