• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

multiple oracle drivers in jboss 3.2.5

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
We have an application that will be connecting to two different Oracle databases. One of these databases is an Oracle 9i database, and the other is Oracle 8. We are currently accessing the 9i database using the 10g driver. While this driver is backwards compatible with Oracle 9i, it does not appear to support Oracle 8. My question is this: is it possible in Jboss to deploy different container managed datasources with different Oracle drivers? My concern is that there will be classpath issues with the two versions of the driver, since the driver class is the same for both. Any help or references would be much appreciated.

thanks,
Brent

Ranch Hand
Hibernate Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi !

I believe no issue, I see 3 ways :

_ standard Oracle driver which works for both Oracle-9i & 8i, this is what I use in my company.

_ use applications packaged within EAR owning a RAR for holding database driver, so each application will be able to use its own driver within its own context which is root of EAR.

_ use datasources accessible through JNDI, each can own its own driver which shouldn't interfere with others.

Best regards.

Every snowflake is perfect and unique. And every snowflake contains a very tiny ad.
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic