• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Khalid Mughal - SCJP 5 book

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all.
I already gone through the Khalid Mughal's book on SCJP-1.4.
I like the approach of this book very much.
But I am preparing for SCJP 5.
I was wondering why the authers have'nt came up with a the new edition of this book.

Ranch Hand
Mac OS X Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi.

I've also studied the book:

Khalid Mughal's book on SCJP 4 (also known as version 1.4)

I think that the above book has quality content except that it covers a number of things that aren't on the SCJP 4 exam and I don't have time for that.

The book below was authored by two authors who worked for Sun and authored the SCJP 5 exams for Sun. The books also had 17 proofreaders, so you can know that it is clear and accurate. I think that the book is great, but the CD that comes with it is useless to me. The CD comes with PC-only software, .exe's. These practice exams are useless to Unix programmers, such as Linux and Mac OS X.

"Sun Certified Programmer for Java 5 Study Guide"

The following book is a good book to learn the difference between the Java 4 and the Java 5 languages. What's new in the Java 5 language is good to know. The book is only 170 pages. Though the SCJP 5 exam now covers IO and regular expressions, so just knowing what's new in the Java 5 language isn't enough, so I'm glad that I bought the "Sun Certified Programmer for Java 5 Study Guide.

A good book that covers the differences between the Java 4 and the Java 5 language.

-- Kaydell
[ December 04, 2006: Message edited by: Kaydell Leavitt ]
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic