• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

websphere cluster consuming messages intended for different node

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi All,

I am not sure whether this is the right place to put this query or not. If not please push this to whichever forum you want. But i feel this is a pattern/architecture level question so can be put here and there are more architects visiting this place than anywhere else.

I have a webshpere server cluster of 3 nodes and a websphere MQ cluster. They have 1 reply queue per service. So these reply queues are shared in MQ cluster. Now the problem is most of the time if a message is put on reply queue and is intended for node 1 of Websphere server cluster but the listener running on node 2 consumes this message and node 1 gets nothing.

I have one solution for this like
I can have one reply queue per node in websphere server cluster but i am looking for better suggestions by my favorite forum.

Any suggestions??

Thanks and Regards,
Kundan

kundan varma
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Any update friends??

Sheriff
Eclipse IDE Python C++ Debian Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Maybe I'm missing the point, but it seems relatively simple. If you want the same message to go to all consumers, you should probably use a topic rather than a queue - that's exactly what they are for.

If you don't want the same message to go to all consumers, then you'll need to explain a bit more about the rules you wish to apply.

(instanceof Sidekick)
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
This sounds like synchronous request-response calls with the GetAndWait API? I think multiple machines listening to the same queue will have exactly the problem you describe. Can you do a Get with the correlation id? I seem to recall something like that, but it involves scanning messages in queue and might be slow.

We use dynamic reply-to queues. MQ creates a temporary queue (from a template - low overhead) for every request. The response gets back to that queue and precisely the correct waiting thread with no ambiguity. Can you try that configuration?

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic