• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

jspx file not working with foreach

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi, I've been working with jspx all day and everything worked fine until I used the foreach. So I copied a simple example online to make sure it worked and it isn't. The code is OK because I runned it in another server and it worked fine, mine doesn't display the values in the iteration, it is just blank.

Here's the code:

This is what I see in the source code:

I just wanted you to notice that the values are empty, nothing is displayed inside the <LI> as it's supposed to. What should I change to make in my computer? I'm using Apache 5.5 and its runtime. (I have java 1.6 but I believe the project is running with apache's JRE)

Sheriff
Mac Mac OS X IntelliJ IDE jQuery TypeScript Java iOS
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Why are you using the jspx JSP document format? That format is intended as an intermediary format for containers and for JSPs that are auto-generated by software by serializing a DOM. It is not intended for hand-coding. The markup requirements are just too stringent and you spend more time fighting the markup than in getting things done. And then, the final product is so wordy that the meaning of the JSP is lost in the markup.

I strongly suggest just using the JSP page format as it is intended.

Klament J. Kruoghst
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks for your response.
I had to move on so i did it in JSP (and obviously works) but I still need to make it work on jspx because that's the one we're using so I'm not allowed and... well, all I want is to make it work independent of the reason, but thanks for the comment.

I'm just stumped as to why it doesn't work on my and it does on the other. Plus I'd learn more about compatibility issues.

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic