• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

To Benerves & Co

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Benerves,
You seem to have some really strange ideas about Hinduism. Hindus do not worship cows. The original aryans were a pastoral society who revered the cow as the primary means of sustenance. You revere your holy book don't you ? Does that mean you worship paper? As for the other thing. It is not exactly as you think it is. It is based on the concept of a supreme universal force consisting of the combination of yin and yang. The phallic symbol represents yang. Strange as it may seem to you, Hinduism is a monotheistic religion. But it takes a certain amount of intelligence to understand the concept of Parabrahma and it's several manifestations in the material world. It is a human tendency to mock something you don't understand.
Let me tell you a story. Billions of years ago there was great spiritual leader called Johnson Chong. At that time there were only 100 people on this earth. Two of them were followers of Chong. They figured that the best way to firmly establish Chongism on this earth was to kill the other 97. Then the entire population of the earth would consist of Chong and his two followers. Somehow they managed to achieve this. Subsequently they reported their achievements to the C.E.O. He was extremely pissed. He said "you assholes, I asked you to spread my word to mankind, I did not ask you to destroy mankind. That was a job I gave to this dickhead [jerks his thumb at satan, glowering in a corner of the meeting room]. Not only have you pissed me off, you have taken over this fecker's job and made him redundant (these three were the first H1Bs known to mankind). I am well displeased with you, hence, I am going to send down the ice age. This will put a freeze on all development for some time. Meanwhile I am going to hand the three of you over to this guy to play with".

Get the point ?
[ June 29, 2003: Message edited by: Mapraputa Is ]

Leverager of our synergies
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Sorry for censorship, but this way the post has better chances to survive our official policies...

Mohanlal Karamchand
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
This guy says it much better than I can .

http://www.parascience.org/contradictions.htm
A chapter from Gita.
http://www.mssc.edu/projectsouthasia/religions/primarydocs/Hinduism/GITA/ChapX.htm

Mohanlal Karamchand
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Re : http://www.parascience.org/contradictions.htm
I must say that I am not totally convinced by this argument -> "due to the fact that any belief that posits a "God" as separate from its creation, thereby makes "God" one thing, and its 'creation" another, and this is the most basic form of dualism."

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic