• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Valentine's Day

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Didn't want to hijack Gerald's thread and really confused by the one that says "Imporance of 14th Feb"..

I guess I'm curious what did you do for your spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend today?
Or what are you planning on doing?

I sent my husband basket from his favourite baker to office, and tonight he is taking me out somewhere..

How about you?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I am staying in office and making calls to my GFs...

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I live 200 miles away from my boyfriend and couldn't be with him today so we had "Our" Valentines day on Saturday. I gave him a gift of a book I had written in full of reasons I love him. He cooked me the most beautiful meal and we had a lovely night.

Today, I took a gamble and sent him a dozen Red Roses, I wasn't sure if he'd find it a bit wierd but he loved them. Especially when I told him the reason I sent them to him was because I had remembered something he had said to me the day we met.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Bought a indian outfit for wife, attended daughter's day-care valentine party; will be working late.
[ February 14, 2006: Message edited by: Kishore Dandu ]

Ranch Hand
Mac IntelliJ IDE
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
My gf works evenings so instead of 14th, we spent the weekend together to celebrate Valentines day - shopping, movies, dinner and some Bailey's.

Also designed a small card using our photos and sent it with a dozen roses to her a day before Valentines. A quick google search turned up a 'Couldn't wait another day to say that I love you' message to go with it He he

She bought me a wallet, and made a bookmark and a card for me

And to finish it off, I took home a Chocolate cake for us on the night of the 14th.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
All that sounds lovely � I guess ranchers are not geeks but geeks who know how to enjoy life! Mine�s probably the only unromantic one here...

My gf got me a workout bench - complete kit � bars, weights, locks and everything, and a card.

Over the weekend, I cleared out one of the unused bedrooms, sanded, polished and stained the floor, bought a brand new study desk, a fullback executive leather chair etc � managed to setup a basic, but decent office/study with a laptop, printer etc. As she is doing a part-time course and her exams are coming up, she was delighted with it! I also gave her a card, small bunch of flowers, a DVD (Movie: Crash) and a small pack of chocolates.

Unromantic but somewhat practical!!

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
> a DVD (Movie: Crash)

Would that be Crash, directed by Canadian David Cronenberg or Crash, directed by Canadian Paul Haggis?
[ February 15, 2006: Message edited by: Jeff Albertson ]

Ashok Mash
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Jeff Albertson:
[QB]> a DVD (Movie: Crash)

Would that be Crash, directed by Canadian David Cronenberg or Crash, directed by Canadian Paul Haggis?
QB]

Its the 2004 movie, Paul Haggis.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Took my wife out for dinner. Attended my child's daycare's Valentine party where he did the rare thing. He relished his lunch (because that was cake, not his regular course!). :roll:

Angela Poynton
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Ashok Mash:
All that sounds lovely � I guess ranchers are not geeks but geeks who know how to enjoy life! Mine�s probably the only unromantic one here...

My gf got me a workout bench - complete kit � bars, weights, locks and everything, and a card.

Over the weekend, I cleared out one of the unused bedrooms, sanded, polished and stained the floor, bought a brand new study desk, a fullback executive leather chair etc � managed to setup a basic, but decent office/study with a laptop, printer etc. As she is doing a part-time course and her exams are coming up, she was delighted with it! I also gave her a card, small bunch of flowers, a DVD (Movie: Crash) and a small pack of chocolates.

Unromantic but somewhat practical!!

The romance comes from giving something that is really needed and/or wanted which you both did ... so it's still romantic in my view.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
This was out first Valentine's Day together after marriage.
She was not all that aware of V Day so i was able to suprise her at 12 in the morning with chocolates, a heart shaped teddy who says "Ummma I love You" when you pass it and some lingerie.
Later in the evening we went to a club a couple of roads from my house (Yea Yea i know its not at all romantic). We had a few drinks and something to eat. later we landed up in front of the pokies, I put in $100 and when we were down to $79 we hit the jackpot of $5400.
Later at night my wife cooked fish dumplings which is one of my favs.
So thats it.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic